I’m gearing up for a busy week, so in an attempt to be super organised, I’ve prepared 6 daily doses of beet kvass in shot glasses, and chia soaked in coconut water kefir with some zingy ding ding ginger in single serve bottles too. This way I’m guaranteed more time for active meditation and less temptation for distraction. I’m on my #100daysFermented challenge which is all about making sure I have either fermented foods or drinks for 100 days in a row. As a way of keeping myself accountable and on track, I’m blogging about it. You can find the recipe for my first ferment beet kvass here and my coconut water kefir here.
I’m delighted to say I’ve discovered that adding chia seeds to my coconut water kefir seems to add to creating extra carbonation, which I really love! So I guess you could technically classify this as a third ferment.
ps if you look closely to the Kvass shot on the far front right you’ll notice I’ve added some chia to that one as a test run 🙂
- 750 ml 2nd ferment coconut water kefir
- 3 heaped tsp chia seeds
- 1 heaped tsp grated ginger
- Pour about a quarter of the second ferment coconut water kefir through a funnel into each single serve bottle.
- Add 1 tsp chia seeds through the funnel to each bottle and a bit more kefir.
- Add grated ginger and fill each bottle not quite to the top.
- Leave for 24 - 36 hours.
- Refrigerate for at least 12 hours before opening.
- If making kefir in the tropics keep a close eye on it as it can produce carbonation quickly. DO NOT store at room temp especially in glass bottles as they may explode.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.