I know I bang on about how lazy I am when it comes to preparing healthy nutritious foods and drinks, but this is stupid ridiculously easy! And given the amount of fresh turmeric I’ve got growing together with the health benefits, why wouldn’t I want to use this daily? I found these top 20 health benefits of turmeric over at Eat This and thought them worthy of sharing:
1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.
7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.
10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.
11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.
12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.
13. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
14. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
15. Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.
16. Promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.
17. Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of turmeric on multiple myeloma.
18. Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
19. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.
20. May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
So can you see why I’m nuts about this amazing powerhouse for my food medicine?
- 1 can of coconut water
- 3 small knobs of turmeric
- Throw all ingredients in nutri bullet and blast for about 1 min
- Add ice for a slushy or freeze for a healthy and cheeky margarita!
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.